St. Paul Water Damage--What to Do and Who to Call
SERVPRO Can Arrive Promptly to Address Your St. Paul Water Damage Issues
When water damage happens to you in St. Paul, there are steps you can take right away to reduce permanent damage and further costs. Water damage can slowly or quickly erode property and objects. This is especially true if your response is delayed more than 48 hours.
Steps to Take when you Detect Water Damage
As soon as you notice flood or water damage you can take action that can reduce further damage and begin the process of restoration. Remember to be calm so that you can clearly think about what you need to do to help remedy the situation.
1. Call a water damage restoration professional. They should respond quickly to your water damage needs in St. Paul. SERVPRO calls back within the hour and will arrive for assessment and help within 4 hours under normal conditions.
2. Turn off the main water valve and shut down any water source to stop continuous flooding from occurring. Stopping the water as soon as you can reduces damages and clean-up costs.
3. Turn off the electrical breaker in all areas that have been damaged by water or flooding. Do this before you attempt to unplug any devices. You do not want to be electrocuted or shocked badly.
4. Use foil under furniture legs to prevent permanent water staining in those carpeted areas.
5. Remove all curtains or tapestries out of the water if possible.
6. Lift up and put up any skirts around beds or sofas. This prevents water damage by way of wicking up into the furniture proper.
7. Remove any papers, shoes, plants, or other items that can stain the carpet or floor by remaining in the water.
What to Avoid Doing if you have Water Damage in St. Paul
Do not use your vacuum. This can cause you electrical shock or damage to your equipment. Don't put newspaper down in high traffic areas. This can cause ink to run onto carpet fibers. This can permanently stain your carpets. Avoid walking on any carpet or flooring more than necessary. This keeps damage from being spread to other areas in your home. When all of that is complete, simply wait for the water damage restoration expert from SERVPRO to arrive at your St. Paul residence. Chances are, they came already and did much of the above work quickly. The trained technicians have the tools, equipment, and expertise to do the job safely and efficiently. Whether a wet-vac, buckets, and mops, are the equipment of choice for your job, or sump pumps, and truck-mounted heavy duty pumps, rapid water removal salvages more personal property and also saves you money.
If you need water damage restoration in St. Paul, Call SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County at (763) 712-9712. With 24/7 emergency service, you can trust this leading company to restore your home "Like it never even happened."