If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (763) 712-9712

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The importance of ridding your Coon Rapids home of mold

8/16/2015 (Permalink)

Once mold begins growing the spores can become airborne and affect air quality.

The reasons why removing mold in your Coon Rapids home is so important.

Mold Remediation

Mold Damage can be hidden for years and create a health hazard for the people of Coon Rapids in their home or working in a building with mold. People often associate black, green, or fuzzy mold as dangerous and the mold can be found out in nature or damp, dark places in the home. Since mold spores are dangerous and possibly toxic, breathing the air where there is mold present could cause serious health issues. In addition to causing health problems, mold can also damage the structure of the home.

Where does Mold Occur
Burst pipes or a leaky faucet can cause a mold infestation in cabinets or behind walls. Soaking up the water with a towel does not correct the problem. The mold will begin to grow and expand into the woodwork and drywall. A leaky roof or damaged shingles or gutters can also cause water damage and mold in your attic, walls, or the ceiling. Mold can easily grow in the insulation and paper building materials. If your home has been affected by a fire or flood, a water restoration company should be called in to identify potential damage by mold.

Hazards of Mold
Once mold begins growing the spores can become airborne and affect air quality. Whether the damage is in your home or office, small spaces can be especially dangerous. People who have respiratory problems are more at risk, but children and pets can also be affected. If there has been water damage to the home or building, a water restoration company needs to come in and dry out and clean up the water and debris to make the space safe and healthy.

A fire or flood can cause stress to the homeowner and family members and pets. If the water is not cleaned up quickly, additional damage can occur with mold and the decomposition of personal possessions. Family heirlooms and antiques can be saved if the restoration begins immediately. It will take professional cleaners to make sure the water is cleaned up correctly. SERVPRO can begin restoration quickly and get the home back to normal. Don't wait for mold to make you and your family sick, call the local experts at SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County - (763) 712-9712  

Other News

View Recent Posts