Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can grow quickly in a home or business. Sometimes in as little as 48 hours.
If you discover what may be mold in your home or if you think you may need mold removal, call the certified team at SERVPRO of Coon Rapids/Central Anoka County. We can answer questions over the phone and try to get a sense of the problem. Sometimes after speaking with customers, we can guide them through taking care of the problem themselves.
In other cases, we can quickly dispatch our technicians for a closer look and to begin mitigation. In the mean time please ready below for some helpful tips on what to do until help arrives!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (763) 712-9712
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Coon Rapids
- Columbia Heights
- Arden Hills
- New Brighton
- St Paul
- Ham Lake