Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Restoration Tips – Let Us Help!
After you’ve had water damage occur at your home or business, one of your first questions is most likely, “Who performs the best water damage restoration near me?” or “What do I do immediately after water damage occurs on my property?” Look no further! Assuming it is safe to go into the area that has suffered water damage, we have listed some helpful water damage restoration tips below.
Even though we can provide general tips on how to perform water damage repair, the reality is that each water damage occurrence is different.
- Did the water source come from a broken pipe or a sump pump that has failed?
- What is affected – ceilings, walls, flooring?
- Was the carpet damaged by flooring?
- Are my contents safe from water damage?
All these questions are used by our expert technicians to evaluate water damage. If you have questions about clean up after water leaks, the restoration process, or anything regarding water damage repair, please give us a call at 763-712-9712! At the very least, we can usually give some guidance over the phone about what you can do to minimize the damage until help arrives.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (763) 712-9712
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.