What Is Black Mold?
The presence of "black mold" in your home or business and be very stressing and alarming. Fortunately, many times, what looks like black mold is not and it is important to get the facts.
Scott Clemente, the owner of SERVPRO of Coon Rapids/Central Anoka County, is a licensed continuing education instructor for the State of Minnesota and often teaches classes on mold to professionals in the insurance and property management industries. As he likes to say - "Mold is all around us, all the time in the air we breathe. What's important is identifying if there are certain types of mold in the air or in your home that shouldn't be there."
This is what our certified professionals do on a day in/day out basis. Please call us if think you have black mold in your home or business. We can help you determine if it is something to be concerned about and, if so, quickly take care of it for you!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (763) 712-9712
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Coon Rapids
- Columbia Heights
- Arden Hills
- New Brighton
- St Paul
- Ham Lake