“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Be careful about any company that promises you "mold removal." Mold spores are part of every environment we spend time in and number in the billions in any room of a home or business.
The key to Mold Mitigation is to remove the mold spores from the environment that have the potential to cause negative health effects for the people that live and work there. This is the specialty of the certified professionals at SERVPRO of Coon Rapids/Central Anoka County. Through the use of containment, "negative air" and HEPA vacuuming techniques we are able to effectively remove the harmful mold spores so that all that is left behind is a healthy indoor environment!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (763) 712-9712
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (763) 712-9712
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.