Fire Damage Restoration Process
Fire Damage and Restoration
It is hard to imagine anything more severe than a fire in your home that threatens your family’s sense of security and leaves behind plenty of fire damage in Blaine. A fire can quickly bring a business' operations to a halt suddenly, affecting not only the business but its customers as well. A wildfire that is out of control can wreak major havoc on communities.
Every sixty-five seconds a fire at a structure is reported, according to the National Fire Protection Association. When the alarm goes off, fire departments plus emergency responders will answer the call for help with action that is decisive and fast. When the smoke clears, SERVPRO’s fire restoration team will stand ready to help with the same kind of quick response, any time of day or night.
The golden hours of recovery are within the first day or two after fire damage has occurred. An effective emergency response will quickly stabilize your structure and make sure to recover as much of your property as is possible. The smoke and acidic soot damage which is many times produced when fires are extinguished will accelerate the corrosion and deterioration of the components of the building and its vital assets. To make matters worse, fires are most often extinguished with water or dry chemicals. The toxic smoke odor left behind must also be neutralized and deodorized.
The process of fire damage restoration will include mitigating damage, cleaning up smoke damage and water restoration as fast as possible once the damage has occurred. Besides the visual damage to the structure, the contents inside the structure have to be looked at for recovery based upon several factors which include:
- Cost of replacement vs. cost of restoration
- Effect of heat and smoke
- Loss of value
- Loss of use
- Lowered life expectancy
- Sentimental value
SERVPRO’s fire restoration services may include demolition, emergency board up, thermal deodorization to mitigate damage from smoke, soot removal film application, and total reconstruction.
Fire Department Support Services
We’ll also work closely with the fire department and many times will be called into help with fire damage efforts once the fire is extinguished. Support services include the following:
- Emergency site containment and board up services. This includes securing the property and preserving the scene from any more smoke and fire damage.
- Arson investigators will work with us to help us to safely secure evidence, storage and transport and debris manipulation.
- Supply cranes and other heavy equipment for clearing paths, letting aerial photos to be taken, expediting hauling and other needs for fire damage restoration.
- Moving of materials to assist in the secure safe entry of the fire department and authorized personnel in the entire process of restoration.
- Provide dumpsters, lighting, emergency power and more.
- If needed, application of board up decals to the burned structure’s visual eyesore.
Blaine fire damage needs to be taken care of right away, so give us a call at SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County by dialing (763) 712-9712. We will come to your property to evaluate damages and being the process of fire restoration.