How do I Clean Up After a Flood in Coon Rapids?
It’s Important to have a Plan in Place in Case of a Flood in Your Coon Rapids Home.
SERVPRO Technicians Clean, Dry, and Deodorize After a Flood
Flash flooding often occurs in Southern Minnesota, making it crucial to have a plan in place for once the flood water recedes. Floodwater may carry microbial contamination, requiring specialized cleanup techniques.
Do Technicians Clean the Same Way All Year Round?
Flood damage in Coon Rapids requires special attention during colder months. Typically, in more mild climates, Technicians ventilate the home by opening windows and doors. This is not always possible during the cold winter months in Minnesota. However, air movers and the HVAC system also serve as tools to ventilate the house.
What do Technicians do to Remove the Flood Water?
- Extract with truck-mounted or portable equipment
- Dry the impacted area by strategically placing air movers at floor level
- Pull moisture out of the air with dehumidifiers
What are the Special Precautions Taken to Clean After a Flood?
- Hazard assessments to ensure the safety of residents and technicians
- Source containment to stop contaminants from coming into unaffected areas
- Clean in one area of the home to hinder cross-contamination
- Technicians wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect themselves
How Do Technicians Deal with Floodwater and Debris from the Flood?
- Follow local guidelines, typically disposing in a treated sewer line
- If unsalvageable, solid materials are securely bagged and removed from your home
- If salvageable, technicians may bring the items to a secure, offsite storage facility for specialized cleaning.
After a flood, it is important to professionally clean and dry your home to mitigate further damage such as mold or other microbial growth. The professionals at SERVPRO have the knowledge, equipment, and cleaning products to restore your home to its preloss condition.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County at (763) 712-9712.
Find out more about Coon Rapids.