Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Powerful Tools to Get the Water Out!
If you have standing water or saturated carpets in your home or business you need the water taken out and taken out quickly!
At SERVPRO of Coon Rapids/Central Anoka County several of our service vehicles are equipped with Sapphire Scientific Truck Mounted extraction units. These pieces of equipment allow us to remove hundreds of gallons of water every minute from your home or business.
In addition, we also have eight portable extraction units for larger jobs or for those situations where we are unable to reach the water damage with our truck mounted units.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Coon Rapids / Central Anoka County can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.